Wisdom on living well from a father to a son
- Keep your eye on the ball.
- You can turn a loss into a win by learning something from it.
- Do thing the hard way sometimes- it’s good practice.
- The most important kitchen implement is a good, sharp knife. Hold things so that your hand won’t be in the way if the knife slips.
- Some bullies will respect you if you stand up to them; others are dangerous sociopaths who should be avoided altogether. Remember number 3 and this, never bring a knife to a gun fight except as backup, and that shit in the movie never happens.
- Stand up straight, shake hand’s firmly and look people in the eye. People will treat you well if you let them- or if you show them that you won’t stand for anything less.
- Your word is your bond. And don’t just listen to what people say; try to figure out why they’re saying it.
- But where the other guy is concerned, get it in writing.
- Don’t go into the woods without a compass- or a satellite controlled global positioning system. A good knife and sometimes a gun, and take enough gun [he meant ammo]
- Don’t lose track of your old friends; it’s important to have people around who know where you came from.
- If you want to attract a woman’s interest, smile and make sure she knows you are interested.
- Always use protection.
- Watch out how a woman treats other people; sooner or later she’ll treat you that way, too.
- Watch out how you treat your mother; sooner or later you’ll treat other women that way, too.
- Don’t get married because you want to get married, get married because you want to marry her.
- Tip well, and if you’re going back to the place tip even better. Strippers are just trying to make a living, oh and sluts need love too.
- Even if you think you know how to put something together, read the instructions first.
- When you’re afraid of something, admit it- if only to to yourself
- No matter what it costs you to be who you really are, it’s worth it.
- Women will never understand you.
- Protect your heart with regular exercise, and by staying away from women with more then one tattoo
- If you lend money to a friend, not only may you never see the money again, you may never see the friend again, either. Never lend money: make it a gift that way there’s no hard feelings.
- Nobody ever laid in his deathbed and wished he had worked longer hours or watched more TV. If you’re going to waste time, at least do it with your buddies.
“I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, I won’t be laid a-hand on. I don’t do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.” -John Wayne as John Bernard Books in the Shootist, 1976